Thursday, December 11, 2008

Something something, end of the year, happy happy, something something, red thing's connected to my wristwatch!


Sigh. I am happy.
Teaching was fun, I'm at this school fairly regularly now and it's so much fun, I'm known by everyone, so I feel welcome and loved :D
Fun stuff coming up with friends, Christmas is coming very soon...
and obviously, the wedding. of me. to tom.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
God has taken very good care of me (obviously... He's God)but I also have learned more about trusting Him.

Something that still shakes me up is just being able to tell myself "Whatever is happening, and whatever I think is going wrong, God hasn't stopped loving me. He isn't busy doing something else. He hasn't forgotten me. He isn't annoyed at me. Whatever is happening, whatever I just did wrong, I am still in the palm of God's hand, and He has put me where He wants me to be. He has a plan for my life, and it involves me being right here, now."

Could sound a bit airy-fairy - i can only say this because Jesus' blood and life were shed to save me from damnation, and, resurrected, He now brings me into His Kingdom.

I mean, seriously, whatever is stupid and going wrong - God hasn't forgotten you! He's God! He doesn't forget anything! If it feels like you're stuck in a rut or nothing is happening or your plan hasn't begun to work - He's right there with you, and He is in control of all of it.

Yeah. This has definitely been learned recently.

BTW, did i mention i was having an awesome day? :D

hugs, a*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort."

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Ascasewwen said...

Ali, you're awesome. I needed to hear those words from someone else. I keep trying to remind myself of God's love, but somehow it has more impact coming from someone else.

Also, consider yourself tagged on my blog. Have fun. :-P

Brother Ben, good to see you're still around!

Rebecca Johnson said...

I'm glad you're having such an awesome day and that things are going well for you :)

Eh? said...

Brother Ben!!!!! Welcome back!!!! Haven't talked to you in a while, how you doing?

Mum!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know about you guys but being where I am right now certainly shows that no matter what happens He knows what's going on and knows how to help you.

Just to let you guys know I'm far, far away from home at the moment over the other side of the earth and I can definitely say that I've missed so much of what He has done for me.

I miss it on a daily basis let alone where I am now and mum...thank you for reminding me in a relatively remote part of the world :)

Hope you guys are doing well!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!