Thursday, June 23, 2005

it's all about perspective...

about time for another of my outlook on life entries...
i am very into finding analogies. i think for a while ALL THE TIME for different ways to express new concepts to myself and other people, so as to help us understand.
i think it's important to make an effort to understand things, or people. i (:D) can't stand intolerance....kidding...i really dislike intolerance, it makes me sad that sometimes it's just too much effort to see another person's point of view.
Jean Piaget (heh, i dont care if tommy calls me a nerd....i sound so damn cool) theorised that children go through several developmental stages, and about the concrete-operational stage (if i didnt pass that exam there is no justice in this world) children get over egocentrism...they become aware of other people's point of view. if you play hide and seek with a group including a four year old, when everyone else runs off to hide, the 4yo will often cover their face with their hands.
WE GET PAST THAT STAGE. we are able to comprehend other circumstances, other problems than our own. we should make the effort. it gets me when i dont, and it gets me more when other people dont...coz i like to feel superior obviously...
and i like my analogies. perspective-taking should be a priority. it hurts more when people decide not to care.
~NIGHT bubbles!

No comments: